Required documents for Students (Residence Permit)
(According to the Austrian law on temporary and permanent residence for a stay in Austria for more than 180 days, you must obtain a residence permit or residence permit)
- A completed and signed application form: «Residence permit for university students»
- Two passport-size photographs according to ICAO criteria (color, size 3.5 x 4.5 cm)
- Valid Passport
- Proof of livelihood security (in particular, a payroll, proof of salary, employment contracts, as well as, for example, confirmation of employment of the applicant’s parents and confirmation of cash receipts to the applicant’s account). We draw your attention to the fact that at the same time the competent internal bodies pay special attention to the origin of funds when checking the confirmation of livelihood security.
- Confirmation of the availability of health insurance from the time of entry prior to the start of studies in Austria or to the preparation of voluntary insurance for students. If the student’s voluntary insurance is not available, it is necessary to provide proof of the registration of private medical insurance covering all risks. Confirmation of registration of voluntary insurance of students in the territorial health insurance fund, or a private medical insurance policy should be provided at the request of the internal migration office.
- Extract from the criminal records from the country of origin in the original, with an apostille and a notarized translation into German (the maximum limitation period is 3 months before filing)